The Beautiful Mudgee Region
Mudgee Region is located 270km north west from Sydney. That is just over three hours drive from Sydney or four hours from Newcastle.
This region is in the beautiful natural setting of the Cudgegong Valley, surrounded by mountains of the Great Dividing Range, national parks and fertile agricultural country. The towns are attractive with many historical buildings, wide streets, parks and trees. The vibrant community lives amongst boutique shopping, cafes, restaurants, historic buildings, vineyards, art, music festivals, and national parks.
The towns in this region include Mudgee, Gulgong, Kandos and Rylstone. The region is known for mainly for its wine and has 35 cellar door outlets. The region is also known for its production of fine wool, beef, lamb, cereal, vegetable, fruit, honey and olive oil production. The average age of the 22,000 population is 41years.
- Mudgee is the largest town with a population of 12,000.
- Gulgong is a gold rush town that was once featured on $10 note and has a population of 3,000 people.
- Kandos has a population of 1,300 people
- Rylstone has a population of 600 people.
- Flights- there are flights to and from Sydney daily
- Bus - Ogdens Coaches has daily connections to Sydney.
- Rail – Countrylink train service from Lithgow to Sydney with link via bus twice daily
|Contact us for more details about the Mudgee4Doctors programme: